- Sunday April 7th, 2 – 4 p.m. – “Vernal Pools” with James Arrigoni (Part 2) Meet at the Barkhamsted Highway Garage Community Room, Rte. 44, Barkhamsted, CT. Then parking over at the Whittemore Grove Picnic Area for a field visit.
- Saturday April 13th, 9 a.m.–2 p.m. – We will Hike and Explore the forest from “Off the Beaten Trails.” Roughly a 6-mile trip exploring the east side of Peoples State Forest. Bring water, snacks/lunch. Meet in Matthies Grove (main entrance to the forest) and we will car pool. Expect some wet walking in spots!
- Saturday April 27th, 10 a.m. – Noon – FALPS Wildflower Walk with Erik Landgraf. Henry Buck Trail, West River Road, Pleasant Valley, CT.
- Saturday May 4th, 1– 3 p.m. – FALPS Springtime Group hike with Jim Starble. Meet at People State Forest Headquarters, 106 East River Road.
- Sunday May 5th, 1– 2 p.m. – Nature Photography Workshop with Paul Edwards. Meet at Barkhamsted Highway Garage Community Room, 33 New Hartford Road (Rte. 44) Barkhamsted, CT.
- Saturday May 18th, 7–10 a.m. – “Learn to Bird” hike with John Weeks. Meet at Matthies Grove (main entrance to Peoples State Forest.). A great time of the year to see and learn about local and migratory birds. Bring Binoculars!!! NOTE the 7:00 am time.
Local Community Events:
Sunday April 28th – Barkhamsted 6th Annual Earth Day Nature Festival.
12:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Matthies Grove Pavilion, Peoples State Forest
- Bluebirds and monitoring Bluebird boxes with Master Wildlife Conservationist Fred Lowman
- FALPS 2nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day hike with Paul“Hart to Hart”land
- Native Vegetation Plantings for Wildlife with DEEP Wildlife Biologist, Peter Picone
- FALPS 2nd Annual Pre-Superbowl group hike with Ralph Scarpino
- Winter Tree Identification with Master Naturalist, Lynn Kochiss
- FALPS Pine Cone Ornament Craft and Holiday Nature Gift Wrapping
- Christmas in Riverton FALPS walking stick crafting activity
- Hawk Watch with John Weeks
- Friday Night at the Pavilion
- FALPS 4th Annual Meeting
- “S’mores, Meteors and Tales”–About 10 hardy, adventurous souls turned out for our event, S’mores, Meteors and Tales, last night, Saturday, August 11th. What a blast we had learning about meteors, swapping stories and eating s’mores! Meteors, no doubt, were up there in the sky streaking by, but blocked by clouds. Thanks to Shaw from, “The Lakeville Journal” for stopping by!
- FALPS Friday Night at the Pavilion “Insects & Spiders”
- Monarch Butterflies with Master Wildlife Conservationist Eric Rahn
- Coyotes in Connecticut
- Grand Opening of the Beaver Brook Boardwalk
- FALPS Monthly Group Hike with Marina Dyndiuk
- Invasive plant species work with FRCC Betsy Corrigan
- Friday Night at the Pavilion “Barkhamsted Bears” with DEEP furbearer biologist Melissa Ruszczyk
- Connecticut Trails Day Hike
- “Learn to Bird” hike with John Weeks
- FALPS Wildflower Walk with Erik Landgraf
- Barkhamsted 5th Annual Earth Day Nature Festival
- FALPS Cinco de Mayo group hike
- Matthies Grove Pollinator Garden work party
- Barkhamsted Historical Society Historian Anne Hall presentation for MDC archaeological
- “Vernal Pools” with Winding Trails Naturalist, Judy Witzke
- FALPS and Barkhamsted Historical Society St. Patrick’s Day Hike
- 2018 Year of the Bird – Birds and Bird Migration with Jane Seymour
- FALPS Nature Photography Workshop with Katie Perzanowski
- FALPS Eclectic Challenge
- Autumnal Trail Musings
- Friday Night at the Museum
- Moose Meanderings
- Peoples State Forest Pollinator Garden, 2017
- Nesting Box Project