- Sunday February 3rd, 1:30-3:45 p.m. FALPS 2nd Annual Pre-Superbowl group hike with Ralph Scarpino ● Meet at Matthies Grove Picnic Area, East River Road, Pleasant Valley, CT. – approximately 2.5 miles loop
- Sunday February 17th, 1- 2:30 p.m. Winter Tree Identification with Master Naturalist, Lynn Kochiss ● Meet at Barkhamsted Highway Garage Community Room, 33 New Hartford Road (Rte. 44) Barkhamsted, CT.
- Sunday February 24 1 – 2:30pm. Native Vegetation Plantings for Wildlife with DEEP Wildlife Biologist, Peter Picone ● Meet at Barkhamsted Highway Garage Community Room, 33 New Hartford Road (Rte. 44) Barkhamsted, CT.
- Saturday March 2nd 1–2pm. ● Learn about Bluebirds and monitoring Bluebird boxes with Master Wildlife Conservationist Fred Lowman ● Meet at the Barkhamsted Highway Garage Community Room, Rte. 44, Barkhamsted, CT. FALPS can use help to monitor the nesting boxes we have on the State Forests.
- Sunday March 17th 1-3 p.m. ● FALPS 2nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day hike with Paul“Hart to Hart”land ● Meet at 2 School Street, Riverton ● FALPS group hike to the historic mill site and along the Farmington River within American Legion State Forest, Hartland, CT.
- Sunday March 31st 1-3 p.m. ● “Vernal Pools” with Winding Trails Naturalist, Judy Witzke ● Meet at Barkhamsted Highway Garage Community Room, Rte. 44, Barkhamsted, CT. then parking over at the Whittemore Grove Picnic Area for field visit
- Sunday, November 4th, 6-7:30 p.m.
Nature Narratives, storytelling with Mat Jobin, Reach Your Summit.
Meet at Matthies Grove Pavilion, Peoples State Forest, East River Road, Barkhamsted.
- Sunday, November 18th, 1-3:30 p.m.
Barkhamsted Recreation Department/Farmington River Steward / FALPS 4th Annual Pre-Thanksgiving Hike.
Meet at Barkhamsted Lighthouse trailhead parking area along East River Road. Please RSVP by Friday, November 9 to Donna Bastrzycki – email@example.com
- Saturday December 8th, 1–3 p.m.
Christmas in Riverton FALPS walking stick crafting activity. Meet at old Hitchcock Factory, 2 School Street, Riverton. http://rivertonct.com/Events/Christmas.aspx
- Saturday December 15th, 1–3:00 p.m.
FALPS Pine Cone Ornament Craft and Holiday Nature Gift Wrapping
Meet Barkhamsted Community Room – Barkhamsted Highway Garage, Rte. 44.
- Hawk Watch with John Weeks
- Friday Night at the Pavilion
- FALPS 4th Annual Meeting
- “S’mores, Meteors and Tales”–About 10 hardy, adventurous souls turned out for our event, S’mores, Meteors and Tales, last night, Saturday, August 11th. What a blast we had learning about meteors, swapping stories and eating s’mores! Meteors, no doubt, were up there in the sky streaking by, but blocked by clouds. Thanks to Shaw from, “The Lakeville Journal” for stopping by!
- FALPS Friday Night at the Pavilion “Insects & Spiders”
- Monarch Butterflies with Master Wildlife Conservationist Eric Rahn
- Coyotes in Connecticut
- Grand Opening of the Beaver Brook Boardwalk
- FALPS Monthly Group Hike with Marina Dyndiuk
- Invasive plant species work with FRCC Betsy Corrigan
- Friday Night at the Pavilion “Barkhamsted Bears” with DEEP furbearer biologist Melissa Ruszczyk
- Connecticut Trails Day Hike
- “Learn to Bird” hike with John Weeks
- FALPS Wildflower Walk with Erik Landgraf
- Barkhamsted 5th Annual Earth Day Nature Festival
- FALPS Cinco de Mayo group hike
- Matthies Grove Pollinator Garden work party
- Barkhamsted Historical Society Historian Anne Hall presentation for MDC archaeological
- “Vernal Pools” with Winding Trails Naturalist, Judy Witzke
- FALPS and Barkhamsted Historical Society St. Patrick’s Day Hike
- 2018 Year of the Bird – Birds and Bird Migration with Jane Seymour
- FALPS Nature Photography Workshop with Katie Perzanowski
- FALPS Eclectic Challenge
- Autumnal Trail Musings
- Friday Night at the Museum
- Moose Meanderings
- Peoples State Forest Pollinator Garden, 2017
- Nesting Box Project