- Sunday, September 16th, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., “Hawk Watch” with John Weeks ● Meet at Big Springs Youth Camping Area on Greenwoods Road, Peoples State Forest, Barkhamsted, CT ● walk will be along the Jessie Gerard Trail, come for the day or for an hour ● Bring Binoculars, rain cancels.
- Friday, September 21st, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Final 2018 FALPS Friday Night at the Pavilion “The Old Leatherman” with Master Wildlife Conservationist, Shirley Sutton, Matthies Grove Pavilion, Peoples State Forest, East River Road, Barkhamsted, CT.
- Sunday, September 23rd, 1-2:30 p.m. ● FALPS 4th Annual Meeting, Keynote Speaker, David Sinish–Celebrating the West Branch of the Farmington River and the 50th anniversary of the National Wild & Scenic Rivers Act ● Meet at Matthies Grove Pavilion, Peoples State Forest, East River Road, Barkhamsted, CT.
- Sunday, October 21st, 1-3 p.m. FALPS Peak Fall Foliage monthly group hike with Marina Dyndiuk ● Meet at Barkhamsted Lighthouse Trail, East River Road, Barkhamsted. Check out the foliage watch http://www.depdata.ct.gov/forestry/foliage/foliagemap.htm
- Sunday, October 28th, 1-3 p.m., FALPS’ Camping Skills & 10 Essential Items Backpacking Fundamentals” ● Meet at Matthies Grove Picnic Area, Peoples State Forest, East River Road, Barkhamsted, CT.
- Saturday August 11th, 8:00 p.m. on…
“S’mores, Meteors and Tales” at Matthies Grove Pavilion, Peoples State Forest, Barkhamsted.
- Friday August 17th, 6:30 to 7:30 pm
FALPS Friday Night at the Pavilion “Insects & Spiders” with DEEP Wildlife Biologist, Laura Rogers-Castro.
- S’mores, Meteors & Tales–About 10 hardy, adventurous souls turned out for our event, S’mores, Meteors and Tales, last night, Saturday, August 11th. What a blast we had learning about meteors, swapping stories and eating s’mores! Meteors, no doubt, were up there in the sky streaking by, but blocked by clouds. Thanks to Shaw from ,”The Lakeville Journal,” for stopping by!
- Monarch Butterflies with Master Wildlife Conservationist Eric Rahn
- Coyotes in Connecticut
- Grand Opening of the Beaver Brook Boardwalk
- FALPS Monthly Group Hike with Marina Dyndiuk
- Invasive plant species work with FRCC Betsy Corrigan
- Friday Night at the Pavilion “Barkhamsted Bears” with DEEP furbearer biologist Melissa Ruszczyk
- Connecticut Trails Day Hike
- “Learn to Bird” hike with John Weeks
- FALPS Wildflower Walk with Erik Landgraf
- Barkhamsted 5th Annual Earth Day Nature Festival
- FALPS Cinco de Mayo group hike
- Matthies Grove Pollinator Garden work party
- Barkhamsted Historical Society Historian Anne Hall presentation for MDC archaeological
- “Vernal Pools” with Winding Trails Naturalist, Judy Witzke
- FALPS and Barkhamsted Historical Society St. Patrick’s Day Hike
- 2018 Year of the Bird – Birds and Bird Migration with Jane Seymour
- FALPS Nature Photography Workshop with Katie Perzanowski
- FALPS Eclectic Challenge
- Autumnal Trail Musings
- Friday Night at the Museum
- Moose Meanderings
- Peoples State Forest Pollinator Garden, 2017
- Nesting Box Project